So it is that time of year where the world falls in love and makes you think of getting married even more. If you are planning to propose to your significant other, then we have some tips for you to help you make the most of your engagement.
- Make sure that you truly are in love with your significant other. Are you ready to spend the rest of your life with this person and are you ready to go through ups and downs together.
- This is the season that drinking happens more often, but you should be careful not to drink too much while you propose. Alcohol does help calm your nerves, but too much can make the proposal seem half-hearted.
- Plan your proposal in a way that shows your significant other how much you care. If you are foodies, then go out to dinner or cook an elegant dinner at home to show how much you love them. Some other things you can do are a flash mob proposal, enlist your family and friends to help you, play Santa, dazzle him and show him all the memories you have shared together, in a creative way.
- The proposal should be the highlight of the day. Never do it at the beginning of your event or at the end of your event. Make your proposal should be in the middle of the event so that you can build the suspense in the beginning, and then after your proposal savor the happy moments of your proposal.
- It may seem old-fashioned, but consider giving your significant other’s parents advance
- If your significant other is more private, then you should prepare your proposal in a more intimate private manner.
- When you plan your proposal, you should make sure that you are not going to steal someone else’s thunder. If another family member is doing something, then you should let them have their moment and wait for another time to propose.
- Be spontaneous! Even if you plan everything, things could go wrong. So sometimes the best proposals have been the ones that are not planned at all.